29.5.10

unearthly stranger (1963)


"John, in a little while I expect to die - to be killed by something you and I know is here. Invisible… moving unseen amongst us all. Even if I had known what I know now, could I, or anyone, have held back… the terror?"
Dr Davidson (John Neville) is seen running through London at night, terrified, but why? The story bactracks to a number of unexplained deaths of scientists working on the space race, what or who is killing them? Major Clarke (Patrick Newell) is brought in to investigate and focuses on Dr Davidson and his new wife, Julie (Gabriella Licudi). A woman who doesn't seem to blink? Could it be that aliens have infiltrated the population and could Julie be one of them?
Intelligent, understated and most of all entertaining b movie sci-fi. Deserves to be better known than it is.

No comments:

Post a Comment