24.5.10

mad max (1979)


"I'm scared, Fif. It's that rat circus out there, I'm beginning to enjoy it. Look, any longer out on that road and I'm one of them, a terminal psychotic, except that I've got this bronze badge that says that I'm one of the good guys."
Australia in the near future and society is crumbling, with gangs stalking the highways in the hunt for thrills and petrol. Last bastions of law and order are the traffic cops including Max Rockatansky (Mel Gibson). Following the death of the Nightrider, vicious gang leader the Toecutter (Hugh Keays-Byrne), takes his revenge on Max; killing his wife (Joanne Samuel) and child. Max inevitably loses it and seeks out the gang, decending into oblivion as he prowls the roads in search of vengeance.
Mad Max is another in a long line of antihero loners that proved a hit with audiences the world over and spawned two sequels. For fans of mono-syllabic men with a thing for crashing cars.

No comments:

Post a Comment