19.9.10

i was a teenage werewolf (1957)


"People bug me too, but I don't go round crowding people."
Tony (Michael Landon) is a hot-headed teen, who keeps getting into trouble. After local cop breaks up his latest fight he suggests Tony visit Dr Brandon (Whit Bissell) to sort out his troubles. He naturally refuses, until he blows up with his friends and inadvertantly strikes his girlfriend (Yvonne Fedderson). Once there the dr hypnotises Tony. Later that night one of Tony's friends is killed in the woods, savaged by what seems to be a big dog.
A classic AIP drive-in horror, hip talking teens, angry authoritarian adults to rebel against and at the centre, a troubled teen.

3 comments:

  1. Is this available on DVD in the UK? In the US, legal problems with James Nicholson's widow (Nicholson being Zarkoff's partner in AIP) have kept the flick in limbo.
    Great site, keep up the good work!
    --Ivan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Unfortunately it's not available on any format - so I reviewed it from an old VHS copy I had.
    Oh and thanks for the compliment - I'm glad someone's keeping up with my viewing habits

    cheers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm a faithful reader; just an infrequent commentator.
    BTW, if I may toot my own horn: I included IWATW in a post about DVD MIAs last year:
    http://ivanlandia1.blogspot.com/2009/07/we-need-more-dvds-that-were-never-going.html

    ReplyDelete